Pages

  • Home
  • About Me
  • Favourite Reads
  • Contact

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 Homemade Lavender Shampoo



There are so many benefits to making your own shampoo. It's cheaper, it stretches further, you know exactly what is going in to it, and with a bit of research you're able to alter it to adjust to your hair needs. I wash my hair every single day... yes, I've been told many times how bad this is - that I'm "washing away all the natural oils" etc etc etc. but I seriously cannot deal with greasy hair on my head. I need to go live in a jungle for a year where I can have no contact with human beings, so as to allow the grease-ball of fibers on my scalp to adapt... but until I get the opportunity/ability to live in a jungle for a year, I'll continue to wash it everyday.This unfortunately means that shampoos and conditioners can be quite costly for me, and so I'm always on the hunt for cheaper alternatives. Homemade is the key. I originally found this idea on http://wellnessmama.com/3701/natural-shampoo/ (a beautiful blog), and I love it. It works great. All you will need is:

  • 1/4 cup coconut milk. Organic would be the ideal but unfortunately my local grocery store doesn't stock it.
  • 1/3 pure Liquid Castille Soap (I used Dr Bronner's, Lavender scent)
  • A few drops of lavender oil or whatever scent you prefer. I like Lavender because it is said to have calming effects which is great for first thing in the morning right?
  • Finally, a pump bottle to store the shampoo


You simply have to mix all these ingredients together, shake it a bit, and you're good to go! If you've never given homemade shampoo a go, I really recommend it. There are heaps of great ideas out there, so with just a little research and little bit of trial-and-error, I really think everyone would be able to find something that works for them :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...